Friday, September 7, 2012

Fast Backward


I’ve got to back-track a ways because I feel like what I’ve done since I’ve been here is important but not all worth going into great depth about. It would take way too long at this point. So here goes almost two months in a simple, picturelicious recap. So what have I done?


Had a going away celebration for the three volunteers that finished up their year at the Ranch that included having a dance party in a restaurant, getting into a Honduran club and having a gringo dance corner, and sleeping in a strange windowless hotel room and having a warm shower the next morning. 

Swam at the represa: the beautiful green surroundings and deliciously brown water. Mmm, that's what we shower in.

Scrubbed into an ACL surgery and helped out with a surgical brigade- nuff said

Dressed up in a giant mammoth costume and competed in a ton of games for our NPH Honduras Olympics GRAN MAMUUUUUUUUUUUT: We kicked some prehistoric animal butt.

Had a beautiful birthday! Pancakes, cake, hugs, and a lot of fun.

No, this poster doesn’t say Happy Birthday Talia…it says Happy Birthday Aliza- right next to the T.



Visited La Tigra National Park. Hiking, amazing views, a moon rise, incredible waterfall lunch picnic, delicious food, homemade fruit wine, jam, and bread, sunrise, telephone pictionary that almost made me pee myself and great company.

...and, so much more. I've also made my way to Valle de Angeles nearby and Comayagua for some weekend getaways. There have been countless good times so far and I am super happy to have my camera back in action after waiting two months for my charger to get to Honduras. Next up, transitions.

Much Love,

Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment